Sunday, May 8, 2016

Marseille Day 2

May 6 - Orginally this was supposed to be our last day in Marseille. Now that we are training out tomorrow and skipping Lyon we need to find another hotel since this one is sold out. We have until noon to check out so pack up and use their wifi. Also the camera bag isn't fully cleaned. I can see some spots I missed now that it's dried out. I double check with the front desk but they don't have any cancellations. I find a place nearby but closer to the metro. I show Aparna but by that time it's gone. The Ibis hotel next to us cheap but rates terribly. It's only 60 euros. That too goes away before I can book it. What is going on tonight? We finally bite the bullet and book the Holiday Inn across the train station. It's almost as much as the two nights here. 
It's just before noon so we checkout and take the metro to the main train station. Amazing we pop out the right exit on the first try. The hotel is literally across the street. We are able to check in early so we can drop our stuff. 
Not a bad view from the room. 
We are starving at this point. We take the metro to the port. We wander the other side of port today. Aparna decides she wants pizza figuring it should be quick. I tease her saying we will be in Italy tomorrow. We find a place with open seating however it needs to be cleaned. The host says two minutes. We wait close to ten and just sit at the table. By the time we get our wine it's almost 2. 
Her pizza shows up a half hour later. She doesn't like the sausage on it either. 
Veal 
By the time we get our bill, it's almost 3. I go to pay while Aparna uses the restroom. It's a cash only place. I go to the 50 I think I have but I can't find it. I know I had it last night at the restaurant since our bill was 50. Is it in some pocket?  Did I lose it?  I have to wait for Aparna to pay the bill. 
We walk towards the fort. 
It's not the best example but people just park on the sidewalks here. The fort is a museum now. We don't have time for that so we just walk the outside. 
Fishing in the harbor. 
St. Marie Cathedral is being refurbished on the outside. 
The pipe organ points out. I haven't seen that before. 
The oldest building in Marseille. It was moved here and rotated 90 degrees. We get back to the hotel around 6:30. We watch some Modern Family episodes and decide to get some food. Aparna's cough is getting worse so I will try to get something for her. 
I leave just after 8. Crap the pharmacy in the train station closed at 8. I wander around where there are shops and restaurants but all the pharmacies are closed here. I decide to head to the port area. Maybe stuff is open later there. I look around and even check with a hotel. It's after nine now and all the pharmacies are closed. I see a donar kebab place and get some food to go. 
It's fine but it's chicken. I really want lamb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment