Mini pizza
Spinach pie
Pane au chocolate
We head off to Akrotiri. This is Santorini's version of Pompeii. It's from 1627 BC.
The size of Akrotiri is impressive.
You can see the water spout to the right of the window.
BedsI'm a little disappointed after seeing the frescoes in Athens that there are none to see here. It's still cool despite that.
This gives you an idea how much mud and ash covered the site. It's misleading from the standpoint that there were three story building in the village.
We still have time before our flight so we go to another winery. We can see our hotel from here.
The white on the right is the winery from yesterday.Center of the crater. This island has hot springs on it.
Meat and cheese plate with our wine. It makes a nice light afternoon snack.
We cram into the little car with all our luggage and head to the airport.
Security is a breeze so we enjoy another drink on the roof top bar. We see our plane land and figure we have 15 minutes for them to turn around the plane. Next thing you know they are paging the four of us final boarding. We hurry down the stairs and are the last ones to board the bus.
Seats just like last time. However this time some customers sit in front of us. It's hot again on the plane. I think it's hotter than the flight over. If I had water I would pour it over me. The flight going back seems longer too. We finally land after what seems like the longest half hour of my life. We go to pick up our luggage. Our friends get theirs. Our carry on comes out but not our backpack. Crap. And the belt stops.
We head over to the lost luggage. The guy seems shocked and asks if we checked the belt. Hello?!? We got one of our bags. He goes and checks the belt himself - really? He comes back and makes a phone call. We go through the paperwork. He asks where we are staying. We are staying in a hotel at the airport since we have a 6:00 am flight. There are no more flights by Sky Express tonight and the first one is after six so we are screwed if the bag is still on Santorini. I give him two addresses depending on when it shows up. We walk away and see another flight has arrived from Santorini. My buddy says to check that one. It can't hurt. I tell him to go check in but they wait for us.
I'm thinking it's fine we have our clothes for tomorrow but then I realize we won't have clothes for Michigan. Aparna goes back to check on compensation in case we need clothes in Michigan. She gets told it's too early and the airline will need to answer that. They are just the baggage handling company. They still don't know where our bag is. I guess they don't scan the barcodes in Santorini. I'm wondering if they pulled it off since we almost missed final call. Anyway our bag didn't get put on that flight. We walk across the road and check into our hotel.
After getting settled in I try to check in online in the business center. The hotel said if we can check in online we only need an hour or so before the flight. Otherwise go 1.5 hours before the flight since it's the first of the day. The first time through it says Aparna can check in online but I can't. I go back because I added my middle name. I realize delta has my first name as "Paul Avery" so I didn't need to enter my middle name. Now neither of us can check in online. Oh well I guess I'm getting up earlier.
As I go to leave my phone rings. They found our bag and it's at the airport. They won't deliver it. Oh well, we'll go pick it up and maybe eat at the airport. I'll check the Alitalia counter and see if we can check in as well. We walk over but the Alitalia counter isn't manned. We head down to get our luggage. Apparently we need a pass since we have to enter secure area. Aparna gets the pass and the bag.
That's one happy camper.
We see what's outside of security to eat but nothing seems interesting so we head back to the hotel to eat.
The menu is limited in the bar. We split a pizza. I have a couple of beers and I'm ready to pass out.



















No comments:
Post a Comment