We arrive and get settled in under the umbrellas. A guy comes to take an order from us. I say I need a minute. He comes back a few minutes later and asks if I want anything. I'm still getting settled in and say no. He starts going off about how this pays for the umbrella but the guy who seated us tells him we are from the hotel. He apologizes and welcomes us. We ask for towels. He said the driver should have brought them. Ugh.
Turning 40 isn't that bad.
There are not a lot of pictures since I just relaxed this morning. It's a slightly rocky black sandy beach.
Our friends go for a walk and to look for towels. They get a couple of cheap towels.
We order a pizza for lunch. It's the most Americanized pizza we have had in a while.
Now that we have towels, I finally take a dip in the water. As I get older, I realize I don't like salt water as much as I used to.
Aparna is wondering what we are doing. We are checking out the fish around our feet.
We hang out until 4:30 then head back. Fortunately the shuttle is picking up someone else so we don't have to wait. We get back and freshen up. Pauly decides to rent a car so we head out to Thira for dinner.
It's a nice town overlooking the crater.
Dinner with a view.
Pauly thinks he's being adventurous and orders fried potatoes.
He claims he saw something like a potato cake go to another table. We also order the fava bean dip.
Swordfish steak for me.
Veal shank for Aparna. It was so tender.
Birthday desserts
We head back for a night cap. Pauly was good since he was driving. We decide not to hear more basketball so I get a bottle of red wine from the bar and we drink on the patio.
Not my thing but Aparna and the birthday boy enjoy a smoke.
















No comments:
Post a Comment