Our morning view from the balcony. Much better weather.
We don't get started early like we wanted. We leave the room an hour later than we wanted. Oh well it just means more heat while site seeing. We are going to the Temple of Poseidon.
I make a breakfast sandwich for my savory course.
I think the bus goes every hour from Athens if I remember correctly and it's either red or orange. We out for the bus at 10:10. I decide to run back to the hotel and check. We are at the right spot and we may have to wave down the bus. A local joins us. She tells us we can catch the local bus to next town then transfer to another bus but I'd rather take one bus. We chit chat for awhile. She tells us how great this area is. I ask about the closed beach and she says it's because they found ruins there. I think she is talking about another park. We walked by one yesterday that had a section that was closed and what looked like a wall being excavated. I should be taking more pictures. Her bus comes shortly before 11. I thought this bus ran every hour. We start debating on how long to wait. The bus finally comes at 11:16. The coast is nice but I'm on the wrong side of the bus for pictures. After some people get off we move so we can be together but the windows are dirty so we get what we get.
The bus back is at 2:00 so we have plenty of time. I'll let the pictures for for themselve.
There was a smaller temple to Athena as well.
Part of the fort wall.
General scenery from up here.
An abandoned resort?
While waiting for the bus we meet another couple from Seattle. We have a nice conversation.
Our 5 Euro bus.
After we freshen up we head to the beach to lounge for awhile. Then we clean up and head back for a sunset dinner.
Olives and croutons were brought out when we sat down. They bring out a huge platter with various cold appetizers.
I pick the octopus.
Seafood orzo
Bass with spinach risotto.
Views from our table.
Our night cap at the hotel - ouzo and rum.

































No comments:
Post a Comment