It's soupy since it's served right away and not chilled.
And just like that it's time for lunch.
Pea soup - it's made with fresh peas so it's different than split pea soup. I add bacon from the salad bar.
Roast pork today.
Now for those who know me and my father this is particularly funny. Aparna asks for a little ice cream.
You got what you asked for. Just like when I pour a little wine!
After lunch is a walking tour of Blaye.
This is the fort that guarded this bank. At the time the cannons couldn't fire across the whole river at this point. There are actually three forts that cover the river here. One on an island and another on the other bank. The fort is an active place with restaurants, hotel, church and residents. The units are cheap but you have to pay to restore them.
I think my polarizing filter just makes photos darker sometimes versus helping the blue skys.
Or maybe it's the camera. This is the old castle just outside of the fort walls. 

This was an old church that was destroyed when the fort was built since it was taller than the fort. I need to find the pictures of the two churches in town that we walked to.
The boat heads out to Bourg.
Light snack during the port talk. Like I need that as dinner is just around the corner. It's the farewell dinner tonight since tomorrow is a long day.




















No comments:
Post a Comment