April 22 - Another late night and another muffin breakfast. We are going to the market with the ship's chef so we will eat there too. It's a nice large covered market. It's what I expected but I like these things. The chef buys white asparagus and radishes to use on the boat.
Ham and sausage tasting. You rub the raw garlic on your bread.
Next is cheese and bread from the market.
You can see the curled cheese in the middle. The curled cheese is from a round and a special cutting tool.
I think you need a semi firm cheese.
What a porterhouse!
And the butchers cut by had. No bandsaw to cut through bones. You get your portion based on bone spacing.
This market makes me want to cook. We head back to the boat after two hours. I would have liked more time at the market. It turns out they need to shuffle boat positions so they wanted us back earlier as it takes about an hour to arrange with the boat next to us.
Back on board it's lunch time. Aparna wants to eat the buffet today. They have roast chicken at the carving station.
I make a chicken sandwich.
Cheese and pate course.
Burt's afternoon talk is about aging. He's doing a 26 part series on PBS. He talks about memory techniques, balance and chocolate particularly Swiss Element 365. He says it improved his memory and improved his blood flow. After I remember to email him about Venice. Minutes later he comes overs and says he sent him his script from the Venice show with notes.
A while later we have our daily port talk then dinner.
White asparagus (from the market) salad
Seafood bisque.

















No comments:
Post a Comment