The breakfast buffet is basically the same everyday with minor changes.
I am going with another omelette today. The smoked trout is better than the lox. 

I would never think to have lamb chops for breakfast but it's on the special order list.
Our day starts at 9:30. We visit Chateau Franc Mayne in St. Emilion. In retrospect maybe we should have gone to the foie gras tasting instead since we will be having enough wine on this trip. The St. Emilion region is distinct for its limestone. This has been quarried for centuries here. It also does a wonderful job of holding moisture for both the plants and as a cellar.
We have quick service lunch in the lounge on the boat with a couple from Chicago. Lost in the socializing and I forget to take pictures of lunch. It's not that interesting as I eat fish and chips and some penne pasta with sausage and marinara. This is from another day but quick service looks like
Various sandwiches and small dishes. There seems to be a pizza of the day. A pasta dish that matches downstairs, fish and chips and a soup and salad bar.
As we begin to meet people, there are a fair amount of east coasters, Floridians, 4 couples from the Chicago area and the rest are scattered. The boat holds about 170 passengers and originally it was sold out. However with the Paris and Brussels attacks many cancelled or changed to the fall trip. To fill space since it is a chartered ship, travel agents were invited. Scenic is apparently a new branding by Emerald Waterways but is all inclusive so it's a chance for the agents to be exposed. This explains the people who don't know Burt Wolf.
The ship sails to Pauillac. Burt gives a talk about local sweets.
This is a cake made with the leftover egg yolks as the whites were used to clarify the wine.
I think most people are familiar with macaroons.
I head up top to work on the blog. By the delay in my posting, you see how well that worked out.
Scenes along the river.
Nap time! I skip the captain's talk about the estuary but make it down for the port talk.
Poached pear and Gorgonzola cheese spread.
Chicken consommé was ok.





















No comments:
Post a Comment