Up at 6 am to finish packing and check out. No time for breakfast at the hotel today. We get a cab just after 7. We arrive at the airport just before 8 am. Check in is slow in the priority lane however we get priority immigration line passes.
As well as lounge passes. The security line goes quickly.
The lounge is pretty typical.
I grab some breakfast.
Fried rice again!
I can't tell where the butter is from.
Our flight is supposed to board at 9:20. It's 9:20 so I figure go to the bathroom then head to the gate. I look up at the monitor and it say final call in red next to our flight. What?!? We rush to the gate and I'm sweating again. I can see them checking in passengers from the stairs so we are ok. I wonder what final call means here. We get scanned and it turns out they haven't let anyone on yet.
They are boarding two doors so we board up front. For some reason, I thought we were in the second to last row but we are in the last row in business class. I look behind us and there are no bathrooms there so we don't have to worry about the smell. The seating is 2-2-2 but the outside seats which we are in are not staggered so that Aparna can't get out when I'm lying down.
Chicken skewer and shrimp pastry.
Leg room is not an issue here.
Grilled vegetables and shrimp.
Salad with papaya.
The cream of mushroom soup is outstanding but it needed a little salt.
I opt for the beef which is overcooked. Otherwise it was tasty.
Aparna gets the red snapper.
I just opt for chocolate as dessert. Maybe I should have gotten the tart. I probably would have been a better picture.
Time to kick back and relax. I'm wearing the slippers.
Here's the rest of the comfort pack.
The rest of the pack includes toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shoehorn, eye mask, pen and various creams.
Welcome to Moscow.
Immigration and security is a breeze and the terminal change is less than 15 minutes. I should have taken the shorter layover. Oh well, we head to the lounge and kickback. 



Local beer and vegetable soup. We also have some chips including crab flavored. In general I think flavored chips are a bad idea. I'm sticking with plain.
It turns out our plane is an Airbus A318 or A319. When I booked the tickets, it looked like 2-2 in business class. The reality is that it's 3-3 with no one in between. Quite disappointing for a nearly 4 hour flight.
Not great legroom either. No entertainment system either. So much for the last of cramped seats.
We have our first known causality of the trip. I realized I left my blow up pillow on the last plane. I could have used it for lumbar support on this flight as the pillow here is small. More champagne and dinner.
The salmon salad is good. My chicken is a little dry.
I'm not doing well selecting meals today. I was going to get the cod but it had broccoli. As I didn't eat much spinach it probably didn't matter. I end up lying across the seats and take a short nap. Pretty uneventful the rest of the trip. Immigration is easy here. We find the train and head into town.
This ticket is tiny. I hope I don't lose it.
It's only one transfer and it's just across the platform. We missed the first train we could have taken trying to figure out where we need to go but the next one comes quickly. Two more stops and we exit. Again we spend 5 minutes trying to figure out the best exit. The metro isn't signed well and doesn't have good station maps like Seoul. We find our correct exit and are at our hotel in under 10 minutes. This room is the smallest we have been in.
These rooms are sure packed in.


























No comments:
Post a Comment