Breakfast for now.
We get to the Louvre about 30 minutes after it opens. I get an audio guideIt's a 3DS! It takes me a bit to figure out how to use it effectively but it seems worth the 5 euros.
We head to the Mona Lisa. Hopefully the crowds aren't bad. It's not too bad. Like the Eiffel Tower I was expecting worse but I'm pleasantly surprised. I think being Monday and shoulder season helps a lot.
We wander this and the upper floors before heading down to the Ancient Greece area.
The crowds aren't bad at the Venus de Milo either.
They have Darth Vader's helmet here but I respect the picture sign.
We head for lunch and find a nearby bistro.
Duck confit for me. Yum!
Pasta for Aparna.
Next up is the Museum d'Orangerie. I think the Louvre purposely split up the art work to make people visit more museums. We have the museum pass so its covered and we get in a short line. There are 8 HUGE Monet panels here.
I can only get the short ones good with the pano shot as it distorts too much on the large ones plus it's hard to get it without people in the shot. This is also my favorite of the eight.
I don't think this does justice to the size.












No comments:
Post a Comment