Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Honey I Shrunk Disneyland

We are actually out of the hotel early enough to stop and eat. 
Cappuccino and croissants at a local patisserie. Aparna likes the croissant from the Eiffell Tower better. 

We board our train and in about 35 minutes we arrive. It's a little crazy to think we are here that quickly when the train from the same station to the Eiffel Tower takes almost 30 minutes. The station is right in the heart of Disney. The hotel, village and parks are all accessible from here. We get to the gate a few minutes before 10 and they let us in anyway. 

We head directly for Space Mountain since it's close and I'm not a good roller coaster person. Heck I can get car sick. We pick up our Buzz Lightyear fast passes along the way. The line is short for Space Mountain. It's a good ride and it's much darker inside than in the states. It's like it used to be as a kid. Dark enough to not see the track. I survive just fine. 

We exit and there is an Antman 3D preview. We wait in line only to be told to leave about 5 minutes later due to technical difficulties. We head towards Small World. The line is 20 minutes so we pass for now. They have Capt. Nemo's sub so we go to that. I was expecting a ride like when I was a kid but it's just a walk through with props and port windows to see out. It's time for our fast pass. 

We had back to Antman. I haven't seen it but Aparna said it launched in the States awhile ago. Disney does the 3D stuff well.   We come out to a sprinkle. We head back to Small World. Now the line is 30 minutes but most of its covered. I'm getting hungry again and we eat the last Clif bar. The ride is in multiple languages and different than both CA and FL. A lot more USA dolls. 

We skip most of Fantasyland and head to the Pirates. It's similar to CA in that you go by a restaurant before heading into the actual ride. The ride is very similar but they have both a man chasing a woman and a woman chasing a man. Not PC like in the states where they changed the men chasing women into women chasing the men. 

We decide to just walk through Adventureland and head to the studio park. Phantom Manor is closed.
Bummer, I really wanted to see it. I swear 10% of the park is closed for refurbishment. It is probably about the same distance between the parks as it is in California. 

There is a long line for Ratatouille and Crush's turtle coaster. The Ratatouille fast passes are gone by now. Crush's single rider line is 70 minutes!  

We grab a bite to eat. 
Surprisingly the lamb burger is quite tasty. 

We decide to do Ratatouille since the single rider line is 35 minutes. It's a fun 3D ride. Funny enough I feel more queasy after this than Space Mountain. The Toy Story drop has a longer line than the Tower of Terror. I guess it's because kids can do this one. Backlot tour will be good as we can sit some. As we stand in line for the backlot tour we look back at the park and you can see unfinished backs on signs. As someone of you may be aware Disney does not wholly own this park. It shows in the fit and finish as well as the up keep like dead flowers. 

We catch an Armeggedon special affects "ride", Stitch live show and a magic of the movies show with Martin Short and his pre-smartphone cellphone. They could use some updates here. I suppose that's why Star Tours is closed for refurbishment. We head back to Crush's and the line is still 80 minutes and 70 for single rider. I guess our day at the studio is over. 

Back to Disneyland. We hit up Indian Jones which has a shortish line. Oh this is a roller coaster. It's really short and windy with a 360. I'm sliding around and hit my head on the safety harness. I press my feet to the floor and head against the rest. A few seconds later the ride is over. 

We head to the castle and do a walk through. You get some good views from the second level but you can also see some tips of buildings. This would never happen in the corporate owned parks. 

We walk through the shops on Main Street USA trying to find a Xmas ornaments. No luck. So we head to the Disney shop in the village. Turns out the only place is the shop in the castle. It's been a long day and Aparna doesn't want to go back in. 

There is a TGV station here so we get our tickets printed out for tomorrow. We head back and find dinner in a local bar figuring it will be faster than a bistro. 
Bo bun and it's pretty good. If it weren't for the Asians working there I wouldn't have ordered it. 
Someone else is healthier. 
We pack our roller board and I head out to the Westin. I get there and I'm told I can't leave the bag. Really?!? I just checked yesterday and was told it was fine. They ask who told me that. I didn't think to take a name. I gave a rough time I was there and describe the gentleman. The lady disappears and comes back. I still can't leave the bag. Fine whatever. Then the manager comes out to explain its a security measure after the shootings. Sure I understand. Then she also explains that I'm part of a huge tour and they don't have room for everyone's bags. Ok already. Then she offers if I keep it a secret and they search my bag I can leave it. I agree. As I'm showing the content of my bag, she asks my number. You want a cellphone number?  No my room number. I'm not staying here tonight. She then says it would be breaking too many rules now for me to leave the bag. Fine whatever it's late and I'm tired. She walks me over to the concierge to get information on left luggage at the train station. I'm back to the room an hour and a half later. I'm annoyed because we checked yesterday.  I could have used the sleep.  

Food cost for the day is about $79. 
Steps are about 26k and 10 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment