Saturday, April 2, 2016

Bagan Day Three

I'm up early as usual so I head to the roof to see what sunrise is like.
About the same as yesterday. 

Breakfast at the hotel doesn't change much.
I also eat a bowl of coco crispies. I've been eating that a few times but not posting it. I got to eat my rice, right? I'm in Asia. 

Since we hit almost all the places we wanted the last two days we decide to take today slow. We bargin down a taxi to take us to 4 places. We were going to take a horse carriage but today is the hottest day. 

Gubyauk Gyi
Gubyauk nge
Shwe lake 2
Kyan sit thar umin north

Afterwards we hit up the tea house across the street as this is a Myanmar past time. 
Teas with condensed milk. Boy it's sweet. 
Samosas

Time to cool off in the pool. We relax at the pool until 4 ish. Happy hour at the hotel. 
At our hotel Aparna thinks they serve the best dry roasted local peanuts (small) with our drinks. I like the salty sweet ones in Cambodia. 
This has been the special everyday and it's the same price as on the menu. 

In retrospect we could have done one less day in Angkor and one less day here and used those days to go Inlay Lake and possibly Madalay. Though I'm also glad we aren't killing ourselves everyday from sunrise to sunset. 
Well really not until sunset as this is what we have been getting mostly. 

For dinner, we hit the Indian place at the other end of the block. It's actually owned by an Indian family. We are not that hungry and split a dinner. 
The owner talks to us, well mainly Aparna and tells us about the fresh made chutney.   
Another new beer for us. 

Food cost for the day is approximately $20.60. 
Step are light at 6.2k and 2 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment