Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lost day

Heading to Asia is interesting as you cross the international dateline. I have a rant about time zones but I'll save that for another day. 12 hours later, welcome to Korea.
Anyway, you lose a day. We finally got to our hotel around 6:45 pm. Surprisingly we were awake considering we didn't sleep much on the flight and that it was after midnight Pacific time. After a quick freshen up we headed to the night market to eat some street food. Blood and rice sausage 
Mochi and sausage in bbq sauce 
I didn't try the spam. 
And glutinous rice (donut)
One thing that surprised me was how dirty Seoul is. Much more NYC and not Tokyo. 

We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Free (used points) is always the right price. The location is perfect as it's just off Euljiro and there is a subway stop right there. The room is small but functional. Not surprising considering we are in the middle of Seoul.
This is what I can photograph from the middle of the room. The bathroom door doubles as the shower door. It has a high tech toilet but I was afraid to push buttons and get water where I'm not used to it. 
Breakfast is included but more on that in tomorrow's post. The biggest surprise was the free internet. 
Why do US hotels charge for slow speeds?

Food for the day was 9000 Won or about $7.75. 
About 10k steps and 3.7 miles. 

1 comment: