Monday, March 7, 2016

Day One

Finally off on our trip!  Time to lose the goatee. It was getting too white plus it requires another tool to maintain. Our road trip is also a test packing trip for our longer travels. 
We got off later than anticipated. Good thing our first day was a short drive.  The weather was very strange with on and off again heavy rain followed by sunshine. 
This is the rain chain on the front of the house. Hopefully we'll get some rag top weather soon. 

It's also our test of T-Mobile. We switched from AT&T since they have lousy international roaming plans. In my limited testing at home it seems that they skew their network heavily towards download. My friend's house is a little off the beaten path but AT&T has coverage there. In a comical sort of way, we lost coverage about 1000 feet from their house which resulted in us missing a turn and driving past their house. I've also noticed that the iPhone 6s gets better reception than the 5s. All ended well and we had a wonderful dinner with friends. 

4 comments:

  1. Paul be April - have a great trip!! I was just looking at Hawaii flights yesterday for either xmas or next year. Keep in touch!! George B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have t-mobile and have tested it out in many countries. I think you'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cut off your beard! whoa... safe travels to you both!

    ReplyDelete