We are finally out of our long driving days for a little while. We finally had some top down weather. We headed into LA for lunch in Little Tokyo.
I'm not sure what I was expecting but Little Tokyo didn't impress me. It wasn't like getting immersed in a Chinatown.
There were 3 Buddhist temples we walked by.
But in all I didn't really feel that different. More like being in a place with a few more Japanese shops and restaurants than normal. After some really good ramen at Daikokuya
We headed to Carlsbad. We are still learning the car. The trip computer said we had 20 miles to spare so I figured we could check in and settle down then get gas. Well about 10 miles short of our destination the screen no longer reports an estimated distance. Do we gamble? My better half convinces me to find a gas station.
22 gallon tank. Probably a good thing we stopped.
We are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Marbrisa. It's a nice room but the insulation is terrible. I think the family above allows their kids to do gymnastics. I hear running and thumping. Good thing we got a good deal here and aren't staying long.
We saw my nephew play soccer. Then headed to Ballast Point Brewing. I had a nice dopplebock and Shottish ale.








Nice you listened to April!
ReplyDelete