Friday, March 18, 2016

Day Nine

Pi Day!
But more on that later.

After a slow start and letting the drugs kick in, we finally got moving.  We walked to Ghirardelli Square and the Fisherman's Wharf.  We took a cable car up to Chinatown. 
As we wondered around we stopped at the corner waiting for the light.  I managed to bump the lens cover off my camera.  Then I heard this strange sound.  I looked down and I was standing on a slotted manhole cover.  What are the odds?  I guess after 8 years, losing the lens cover isn't so terrible.  Fortunately in Chinatown there is a camera shop on every other block and I was able to replace it without being charged an arm and a leg.  

Yelp took us to dim sum place that was to go only and only had things written in Chinese on the wall.  The second place had a huge line and very little seating.  The third place was shut down by the health department.  We finally went to a coffee and dim sum shop.  Afterwards, we walked to the Dragon's Gate.
At this point, my cold was catching up to me so we heading back for a nap.  This is how I felt. 

After the nap, we realized the Top of Mark was very close to Chinatown. Fortunately Lyft and Uber are everywhere in SF.  A quick ride later 

After this, we headed to Japantown to meet my cousin.  I haven't seen my oldest uncle's kids in a long time and now I have seen 3 out 4 in three weeks!  This was better experience than Little Tokyo in LA.  It felt more Japanese to me.
  After dinner, we decided we should get pie in honor of Pi day.  By this time all the bakeries in Japantown and most of SF were closed.  We managed to find a diner to get our pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment