1) This device will replace plug adapters.
2) USB chargers.
3) Travel router/repeater.
The router/repeater is one of my favorite features. We all have multiple devices that need internet access such as laptops, cell phones and tablets. With the repeater mode, you can connect to an connection (wired or wireless!) and make that available for multiple devices! For instance, you can connect to your hotel wireless then attach to the SSID on Satechi. For convenience I create the SSID/password combination to be the same as my home wireless, then all my devices connect automatically because they think they are at home! This saved me on trip when I stayed at an AirBnB. There was wireless there but the password provided was not correct and the owners where not in the same country. I just unplugged there wireless AP and plugged directly into this and we were good to go.
Some issues I have with the device is that it feels cheap however, it has survived going around the world and many domestic trips. Also it doesn't always plug in very tight so heavy cables can cause it pull out of the socket. I have had to put things underneath it when using some laptop plugs.The other issue is the power light can be bright at night and there is no way to turn it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment