March 19
Surprisingly we don't sleep in late. We are up at 5 something. There is nothing to do at this hour but we can't sleep either. We toss and turn and get a little sleep and finally get going to 9 or so. We head down for breakfast. It's in the club lounge during the week.
After I get my eggs, I figure out you can order gets instead of the prepare scrambled ones.
We head out to the Van Gogh Museum. There is a line there so we make a reservation for 2:30. That gives us enough time to visit the Rijksmuseum. This place is huge and you could spend a lot of time here but we decide on the few areas we want to hit so since we have the Van Gogh reservation later. There is an Asian exhibit that we start with.
I think this is a Rembrandt
Battle of Waterloo
The banquet of the Amsterdam Civic Guard
I think this is a Rembrandt
Battle of Waterloo
The banquet of the Amsterdam Civic Guard
Back to Van Gogh. Too bad we miss the Japan exhibit by a few days.
They have paintings by other artist who influenced Van Gogh like Gauguin.
The House of Bols is nearby so we do that. It's fairly interesting. I don't know much about genever so that's is something new. I get a Mai Tai with genever at the end. Aparna gets a Manhattan.
We are getting tired and hungry so we head back to the hotel for the refreshing hour.






No comments:
Post a Comment