Thursday, March 22, 2018

Lunch at De Kas

We arrive 20 minutes early but they are not busy so we get in right away. 
I'm really looking forward to this meal. They start us with breads. 
Top - tapioca with mustard seeds. It's quite pleasant. The mustard isn't over powering but it's definitely there. It has the texture of a shrimp chip. The celery spread is very good was well. 
We add the oyster which isn't very briny but very mineral-y. 
The soup gazpacho is great with a lovely olive oil on top ramps with various herbs. Ugh, I can't believe I don't have a picture of the radish. It's a mild radish served with a poppy seed crumb. 
The langoustine was sweet but the horseradish was a bit over powering even with the sweetness of the carrot purée. I don't get the butter lettuce but it wasn't bad. The spelt flakes could have been corn flakes. The bouillabaisse form is wonderful flavorful. 
You get a nice garlic aroma right away. The gnocchi has a nice parmigiana flavor. I wonder how they cook the yolk as it oozes so slowly. 
The cod is cooked perfectly but I don't get the parsley sauce. It's not bad doesn't seem to enhance the fish. Overall, the vegetables were very flavorful and accented the dishes well. I would definitely come back here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment